In the File Properties options, you can choose to have a file display in a Google Doc viewer. This tool lets you embed PDF, MS Office, and many other file types in a web page without the user having to download the file to their own computer. The user also does not need to have Microsoft Word, Adobe Reader, PowerPoint, or other software installed to view the file.
In the "Google Docs" dropdown in the File Manager dialog box, the options include:
- "Link to viewer" - which will open a the PDF in a Google Doc viewer after clicking the link - or
- "embed viewer - which will embed the Google Doc viewer within the article itself.
Supported File Formats include:
- Adobe Acrobat (PDF)
- Microsoft Word (DOC/DOCX*)
- Microsoft PowerPoint (PPT/PPTX*)
- Microsoft Excel (XLS/XLSX*)
- TIFF Images (TIF, TIFF)
- Apple Pages (PAGES)
- Adobe Illustrator (AI)
- Adobe Photoshop (PSD)
- Autodesk AutoCad (DXF)
- Scalable Vector Graphics (SVG)
- PostScript (EPS/PS)
- OpenType/TrueType Fonts (OTF, TTF)
- XML Paper Specification (XPS)
- Archive Files (ZIP/RAR)
*Office XML (2007+) file formats are sometimes problematic with Google Viewer. Please test your documents, and when possible we recommend you use the Office 2003 equivalent formats instead.
Note: Use of this feature implies your agreement with Google's published